Friday, December 20, 2013

Fall In Love With Jesus!!

I want to be in love with God. Obviously not romantically... But I want Him to be the center of my life. In first Thessalonians it says to pray without ceasing. That seams impossible. I mean, to pray constantly. I have work. I have school. It's hard, y'know? But maybe that's what I need to do to fully LOVE Jesus. When I was all stupid over One Direction I spent SO much time on them. Watching Youtube video's, stalking them on Twitter, reading fanfictions (now forget you read that), looking up facts about them, listening to their music, supporting them by voting for them, covering my walls with their faces. I dropped those idols. But I mean, if I spent as much time on God as I did on them.. Imagine where my relationship with God could be?

"I can't FEEL you God! Why can't I feel you! I just want to have a relationship with You!" 
(Without reading my Bible, praying or paying any attention to You.)

Yeah. Been there. Done that. May not like to accept it, but that's just how it can be. But to have a relationship with God, you actually have to pay attention to him (as crazy as that sounds). Haha. It's something I really need to remind myself of. Seriously. To prevent backsliding we need to read the Bible anyways. We need to pray even when we don't feel God, or don't feel like praying, as hard as that is.

I just read a blog post about how a woman is trying to fall in love with Jesus again. I need to fall in love with Jesus. Completely. Okay now, I think I know what I'm gonna do..

I'm obsessed with stinking Pinterest. It's amazing. I get on Facebook WAYY too much. So I'm gonna stay off of those for a month. GAH that's gonna be hard. I'm not posting this to toot my horn. If I wanted to do that I would post this to facebook haha. But nobody knows about this blog account, nobody reads it currently, so I'll post anything! If anybody reads this, pray for me. I need some strength. :)

I'm gonna try to blog at least twice a week. Might fail. I'm pretty terrible at blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment